Saturday, June 19, 2010

How do I use my internet smoothly using McAfee antivirus?

I had trouble installing my DSL to my new Dell Laptop from home because it would only stay at the yahoo home page and go nowhere else. An AT%26T Tech told me it was because of my McAfee Antivirus being activated on my Windows Vista and Vista has a lot of security. So he told me to go to msconfig and uncheck everything in the startup and running that says McAfee. I did and now my internet runs but I am scared to use it because I dont have the antivirus protection right? What do I do? Do I go back and check everything or just some of them? Which ones if so?



How do I use my internet smoothly using McAfee antivirus?norten



i had the same anti virus for my xps as well. the thing is that, mcafee is not a good anti virus. not anymore. what i did is... uninstalled it and installed kaspersky.



mcafee eats up most of your computer's resources too especially on startup. making it slow. just a suggestion, don't use norton and mcafee. try trend or kaspersky.



---



oh, just check everything like it was now you're connected. :)



How do I use my internet smoothly using McAfee antivirus?panda



Yes, you are correct you need security. I suggest you download Windows Defender %26 let it run alongside. It's a temporary solution though !!



Or else, download Avast Home Edition and uninstall McAfee, in spite of being a free for download it has security and a firewall that McAfee %26 Norton can only dream of..



This is a sincere suggestion ..
Now that you are connected, go back and recheck all McAfee entries..see if you stay connected. If the problem returns, instead of unchecking everything..try going into the McAfee program itself and just disable the firewall. Vista has one built in that works just fine...don't need two.



And remember, viruses are simply computer programs. If you don't download anything, including email attachments, to your computer, you won't have any problem with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment